Mission & Values
Waterloo Region is a welcoming community, valuing all people so they can participate in and contribute fully to community life.
To nurture inclusion and belonging by;
- Supporting local organizations and community members to facilitate belonging and networks of support.
- Connecting people to the community in ways that reflect dreams and strengths.
- Encouraging contribution to the community through active participation.
- Providing educational opportunities for people to learn about inclusion and belonging.
We believe in:
- Inclusion: Full involvement and belonging in community for all.
- Choice: The opportunity to choose.
- Respect: Mutual respect and kindness for all.
- Full Citizenship: Valued membership of community.
- Collaboration: We value partnership – working well together with others.
- Relationships: Social networks and friendships are critical for well-being.
- Uniqueness: The uniqueness of each person.
We are guided by:
- A strength-based approach – building on strengths and gifts.
- Community as a first resort.
- Decision making is honoured and supported by those who are trustworthy.
- Genuine choice and action are supported by intentional planning.
- Families and networks are engaged in the journey.
- Creative, innovative facilitation reflects the uniqueness of each person.
- All of our work is based on respect.