Welcome to New Story Group
The New Story Group is a grass-roots organization advocating and influencing a vision for Waterloo Region as a welcoming community where everyone belongs.
The New Story Group was started in 2010 by people with disabilities, families and agencies to start a ‘new story’ of inclusion, a movement that provides strategies and common language to achieve the vision.
Many in Waterloo Region are trying to figure out how to enhance belonging. Many are asking: What does belonging mean? What does it look like? And how do we nurture it?
By taking part in conversations about belonging, The New Story Group has heard various stories and concerns.
- Seniors are living alone and are very isolated.
- People with mental health issues are lonely and have few friends.
- New Canadians need support to enhance their sense of belonging.
- Civic engagement seems to be at an all-time low.
- Some neighbourhoods are welcoming and others are not.
Welcome to our new website!